14kt White Gold 1 CTW Tanzanite & 33 Diamond Tiered Halo Ring, Size 8.25, Signed SNB
- Spectacular 14kt White Gold Tanzanite & Diamond Halo Ring. The Tanzanite is appx. 1 ct and is Bezel Set Cushion Cut Rectangular Emerald Cut 1ctw Tanzanite that is appx. 7.5mm by 6mm and appx. 3mm in depth. Measurements are not exact as the setting prevents total examination. There are 23 diamonds that measure appx. 1.5 mm across that surround the tanzanite and then stepped down from the halo there are 5 matching diamonds on each side for a total of 33 diamonds which adds an appx. total ctw of diamonds of about .33 ctw. The design covers the entire top of the finger - modern design with an art deco theme. It is 16.7mm wide and 13.4mm from front to back and the weight of the ring is 6.40 grams. It is signed SNB and 14kt.
- The band is 7.6mm at the top side where the diamonds end and tapers to 1.6 mm at the back of the finger. The setting has a bridge effect as the undercarriage with a wide V double band effect at the top shoulders of the band that forms into a single band.
- It is signed SNB on the inside band. There are a few SNB Jewelry entities that I could find and it is unknown if it is one out of Texas, NY or somewhere else.
- The gold is heavy and has nice weight at 6.40 grams. There is a very nice sturdy design and detail to this piece.. This is not a discount ring but of much better quality. Exact age is unknown.
- The consignor indicated to the auction house that it was natural tanzanite. The diamonds also tests as diamond and under magnification the diamonds are a very good quality as well. But, like the tanzanite they cannot be accurately measured due to the setting. The consignor indicated the price of this ring was quite steep and it is estimated that the ring when compared to similar rings is well in excess of $1,500.00 conservatively, possibly quite more. TSee photographs. (Win.5.2816.2C.2X.643.16)
Fine jewelry is not stored on premises and questions may take a little time to respond to.
From the Internet:
Tanzanite is the blue/violet variety of the mineral zoisite (a calcium aluminium hydroxyl Sorosilicate) belonging to the epidote group. It was discovered in the Mererani Hills of Manyara Region in Northern Tanzania in 1967, near the city of Arusha and Mount Kilimanjaro.
International priority by location (so that it can be tracked/insured). Additional jewelry purchases will be shipped at no additional shipping charge. Shipping is at the expense of the buyer.
Photos are magnified but not enhanced.
Please note that most of my photos are taken at 10X magnification. This shows any blemishes much more magnified than they really are.
I keep great notes about each item and can answer most questions quickly, but I do not store fine jewelry on premises, so answers about specific measurements may take some time as I arrange to inspect the piece again.
In addition to this website, Maria's Vintage, I am on eBay as stampshopgirl, on Etsy as stampshopgirl, and on StorEnvy as Maria's. I have many vintage jewelry items and other vintage and new items - a very wide variety.
I will combine shipping, even if you buy items from one of my other stores. If you purchase one item and know you’ll be picking more, just email me and let me know and I will ship them at the same time and refund the shipping over the combined limit.
Given the number of different items I carry it is hard to know what combination of items can be purchased to pre-plan the shipping, so just email me and we will work it out to save you shipping charges whenever possible.